Easy Scorecard supports a type of disc golf ratings system that is similar to the PDGA Rating system. However, due to the fact that exact PDGA Rating formula is not published, the rating system in this app cannot be used to replace the PDGA Rating system.
The rating system uses similar concepts in PDGA to calculate a player’s rating, i.e. by using a course’s SSA (Scratch Scoring Average), a ‘Round Rating’ is then calculated for each player after every round. After three rounds, ‘Round Rating’s are averaged to calculate a ‘Player Rating’. You can then calculate net scores from forth round onwards. Rounds from the last 180 days (or last 8 rounds if not enough rounds in the last 180 days) of a player will be used to calculate (averaged) the ‘Player Rating’. Note: Player Rating of 1000 means you are a scratch disc golfer. The higher the rating, the better a player is.
- The disc golf course must have a Tee programmed, and the tee must have SSA information. Check http://www.pdga.com for SSA data for courses.
- In Players profile, you must set the Disc Golf handicap system to ‘Rating’.
- When starting a round, all players must be using ‘Rating’ system, and a Tee with SSA must be used.
- A round must be finished (all holes scored).
- Minimum of 3 rounds are needed to calculate Player’s Rating, and round ratings from all completed rounds from the last 180 days are used to calculate the most current player rating.
To have the app calculate your Player Rating, follow these steps:
- Enter course SSA information. Add new Tee if needed.
- If all your previous rounds are already using Tees (with the updated SSA info), goto step 4.
- If you never use a Tee for rounds, you have to go back to those rounds and assign Tees to the players. This can be done by going to a round’s Summary, press Menu, select ‘Round Properties’, then ‘Tee Assignment’. You only need to do this for the last 10 disc golf rounds.
- Goto Player’s Profile, select ‘Rating’ for Disc Golf handicap system. Press ‘Done’.